Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Never say that again...

At a local 18th Century/American War for Independance re-enactment, some said in passing that re-enacting is the ultimate in LARPing.. (Live Action Role Playing) In a small way, maybe that is true, but simple, innocent comment was enough to almost shake to the core, mine and my wife's desire to continue re-enacting! LARPing is strictly in the realm of fantasy role playing games, and from my understanding, has nothing what-so-ever to do with education, history, or personal development and learning.

I mentioned that and I think it was enough to salve over the idea that all us re-enactors might be doing nothing more than LARPing. Knowing that LARPing has nothing to do with public education and the passing on of knowledge and history and re-enacting does, then that is good enough for me!

Otherwise, I am gonna start yelling "Fireball, Fireball, Fireball!" and throwing nerfballs and such at the 42nd Highland regiment next time I am doing a battle re-enactment. Maybe then they will fall down... cause cannon and volley fire doesn't seem to work.

I am not a LARPer...

Later

No comments: