Thursday, May 20, 2010

What the Frak???!!!

While looking for bible verses to place on the wall of the High School Sunday School/Youth group my wife and I lead, I find this verse:

2 Kings 2:23 NIV

Elisha Is Jeered

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. “Go on up, you baldhead!” they said. “Go on up, you baldhead!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.


Sounds like the moral of this story is don't mess around with the messengers of God or you get what's coming to you. I must say, to me, it smacks of a random wandering Monster encounter from the Dungeons and Dragons game. But that must be the geek in me interpreting the verse. Oh well.

Later!

No comments: