Wednesday, February 24, 2016

COVENANT


Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 14

Covenant

You might think this word would lead me to talk about a covenant with God, work, county, marriage or something like that. Well, yes, but to be honest, I am went into this challenge to use the words for my own purposes and maybe not the way the creators of the challenge intended. And this is one of those times.

The photo that you see of those ugly buggers is one of the "Covenant" Elite warriors from the game "HALO." When HALO first came out, I would have to say, it was the driving force behind the decision to purchase an XBOX game console. Without it, you could not play this amazing game. So we did and HALO was the first game we bought.

We immediately set to playing it and soon the "Covenant" were our fiercest enemies and very deadly to meet in game.

But what really happened is that I got to play the game cooperatively with my kids and we played the game together for hours on end and enjoyed every minute doing it!

We did this for all the iterations of the HALO game.... until HALO 5.

Some idiot decided to take the co-operative game play out of the newest story-line of the game. What the frak were they thinking? Hundreds of thousands of players have played this game this way for years and now they decide to take it away. Pretty much ruined the game for my kids and I. So much so that I have not even tried to play it and I don't think my kids have bothered much either. Ruined it for us because that is how we have always played this game together. As a team.

So, the "Covenant" will have to wait before I meet them again on the battlefield. Cause that ain't how I play my HALO game. Besides, I am having too much fun playing the MAD MAX game that has its own form of game play "covenant" and it is about keeping promises in the game to make the world a better place.

No comments: