Friday, December 08, 2006

Vegas Day Six. Geek day, last day...





The last official day in Las Vegas for us and the first half was dedicated to being a Star Trek Geek... We took the monorail over to LV Hilton and the Star Trek Experience. We went on the 2 interactive, 4D type of shows. They were pretty fun and I even think I got a bit motion sick! They had a nice display of props and stuff from the TV series and the movies and a pretty cool gift shop full of stuff for Star Trek fans. We then headed down to Quark's bar which was made up to look like the set from the DS9 tv series. The food was pretty good and decently priced. My wife even got to rub the ears of the resident Ferengi owner. Apparently not every one can do that for free! I even enjoyed a glass of Romulan Ale, direct from the Neutal Zone! It was a good time and a good way to spend part of the last day. After that we went to the convention center where there was a Cowboy Christmas going on that was there for the Rodeo Finals. I have never been to something like this but there were more hats and boots and creased denim than you can shake a stick at. I many ways, it was no different than the gaming conventions I have been to, except that the geeks at this convention call themselves cowboys and cowgirls and the ones I go to, we call ourselves geeks....

Later than night we decided to eat late as we had been eating pretty much all day long, and we had a free $50 certificate to Nine Fine Irishmen, compliments of the Tahiti Village sales seminar... So to pass the time we walked over to the M&M store again for some gifts for the kids and then over to the Coyote Uglybar at New York, New York. Coyote Ugly, if you have never been before is a bar run for and by women. And the women who work there are smart, sassy and sexy. They control everything that goes on at the bar. The only male presence I saw were the two bouncers and they were under the direct control of the ladies at the bar. They gave all the women in the establishment free shots. (my wife did partake of about 6 of them!) and they made the guys pay for the music on the jukebox and required us to do certain things to get shots. I volunteered to get shots but didn't know what to expect. Luckily they only made us do a dance off. Me and three other guys in the middle of the bar dancing for a shot from between the bar mistress's legs... what guys will do for a pretty girl with free drinks... I did my best but got beat out because some cowboy had like a 1000 of his friends there and I lost and took 2nd. he got the shots, I got a kiss from my wife... I think I won in the end after all! It was really cool and very fun. I would definately go back there.
After that we had reservations for 9pm at Nine Fine Irishmen and eat some great(Free) food and listened to a great Irish band with a stepdancer that could have been in RiverDance. It was a great way to end the week in Vegas. It was very late and we were to leave for home tomorrow in the morning so it was the end of the vacation. Time well spent and much money not very well spent. Next time we go we will have to go with a bunch of friends. I think it would be even more fun!

Time to go!

later!

No comments: