Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Politically Incorrect....

This year will be the 15th time my wife and I have hosted a Halloween Party with a theme. Our themes have run the gamut of ideas, from traditional to more intellectual. This year's theme is come as you favorite politically incorrect person, place or thing. I thought long and hard about my costume, only to have two of the ideas shot down due to reasons of being maybe a little too much over the top. (Okay, I will admit, one of them, in today's current environment, might have been a bit too much.)

So eventually I settled on a different idea and came up with a list of politically incorrect ideas and statements, which, while being non-PC, are very much true statements from me. I am thinking of having them printed on a T-shirt for my costume. Here is the list so far...

SOMETIMES……

· War is the only answer.
· Kids need a spanking.
· God needs to be acknowledged.
· Some people just need to be killed.
· It is possible to admire a group’s accomplishments while despising their ideology.
· A flag is sometimes more than just a piece of cloth.
· Having a bad childhood is not an excuse for being crappy adult.
· The color of your skin is not a qualification for a job.
· Halloween is a cool holiday and should be celebrated (same goes for Christmas).
· I DO NOT have to agree with you just because you think I should.
· Dead White Men of history deserve credit instead of criticism for what they did.
· Playing dodge ball builds character.
· Hunting animals for food and clothing is good for everyone involved.
· Guns in schools can be educational instruments.
· Alternative lifestyles are just un-natural.

I imagine that there are many out there who will get pissed at these statements, but if they stopped and thought about them for a bit, I bet they would agree with alot of them. And if you happen to think of any more, please feel free to comment and add your own!

Later!

No comments: