Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Turkey Run State Park




Over the recent spring break, the family and I headed out to Turkey Run State Park, Indiana. This has been a favorite place for me to go and enjoy the outdoors, get some great excersize and enjoy the scenery. If you have nver been before, you will be amazed that this place is in the mid-west and not someplace out west or near the mountains. The natural formations of erosion of the sandstone and shale is really awe inspiring. It is a very well cared for location and kudos to the Indiana DNR for taking such good care of it. I was not able to enjoy it as much as I normally do as I had an injury to my knee at the time and spent most of the time dragging my leg behind me, but we still did some of the hardest trails the park has to offer. The kids and Gunnar really enjoyed the chance to just climb and go off leash - so to speak. They have quite a nice campground near by and the Turkey Run Inn is really nice and about half of what you would expect for a place that nice. My wife and I will be taking advantage of the Inn sometime this year I think. (especially seeing how cheap it is over the "off" season.) I encourage everyone to check it out if they have the time. And make sure you do trail number 3! It is the best of them all! Later!

No comments: