Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A real for what it is worth...

I was recently listening to some soundtrack music by Basil Poledouris and thought, you know what? More people should know about this guy. So here is my primer to the composer Basil Poledouris. Even though Basil Poledouris has been gone for over 2 years, I think that he is still the best movie soundtrack composer ever. I present here, a few examples of his work.

From Starship Troopers

From The Hunt for Red October

From Lonesome Dove

and of course, from one of my favorite movies, Conan the Barbarian

He has been part of some of the coolest movies ever made, and each time, his soundtracks have added so much to those movies that the scores become as much a part of the movie as the actors themselves.

Anyway, for what it's worth. Thanks Basil!

No comments: