Thursday, December 04, 2008

Nothing to blog about...

Wow. Talk about writer's block. I have had nothing really interesting to blog about lately. I blame some of that on the fact that I have not really done much of anything exciting lately. The Wine Making is on hold for a while until some time presents itself for starting a new batch. I should mention that come this new year, the Cabernet and Riesling I bottled in June will be ready for drinking, and the port bottled in September is now being used by my church for communion purposes. (Something I am quite proud of) My son was recently confirmed in the church and his first communion was with the wine that he, my pastor and I made. I think that is pretty neat and so did he.

Thanksgiving break was very nice in the fact that aside from preparing the meal for my family (about 24 in all) it was a quiet, relaxing time. No work for 4 days, and nothing really planned. I did paint the floors and walls in one basement room, but for the most part, a very slow weekend. Perfect for rejuvenating!

First deer season was a bust, but we are trying our luck and skill again on second season. I really don't care if I harvest a deer, but I really, really want to see my son get one. He really wants to get one so he can be part of the "deer killer" crowd in his school. Talk about a clique crowd... there is one you don't hear much about in most schools!

Things I am looking forward to... the daddy/daughter dance hosted by the girl scouts, celebrating my anniversary, (my wife and I always have a good time celebrating this event in our lives) and the two weeks off for Christmas and New Years. The economy sucks, but my wife and I are trying our best to make sure Christmas is good for the kids. I know it is not about giving and getting presents, but I love to see the look on their faces and joy they get when receiving something that is of value to them. And I am hoping to present my friends with a new sparkling wine for the New Years celebration instead of the usual crappy "champagne" most of us drink. Maybe even a real Champagne!

I am hoping to do some gaming, visiting, catching up on my Military History reading,and getting through some more BattleStar Galactica over the break.

Well, look at that. I wrote something. Maybe something more interesting will pop up on my radar that I can write about. Check back later!

No comments: