Monday, July 09, 2007

Along came a spider.... my near miss experience with a Brown Recluse

Hey, an update on my leg wound... Wow! If only my leg looked like that picture that was posted previously. Since then, the bruising (or more accurately, poisoning) of the skin has increase to 3 times the size seen on the picture. The center of the wound has turned necroptic (dying off) and the redness has turned a deep deep shade of purple! A blood culture came back and found no bacteria, thereby ruling out an infection, and pretty much determining it is the result of a bite, most likely spider and a Brown Recluse at that! I am pretty lucky actually. I did not need IV antibotics, the necropsis has not spread widely and I am actually feeling much better. (No more nausea, muscle pain, severe headaches, and swollen foot.) I can actually walk for the most part of the day without too much pain, although I try to limit what I do. The redness, a result of the poison has spread up to the bottom of my calf muscle, almost all around the bottom of my leg, (front and back) and moved down now to encompass my ankles, but I think I am getting better. I also believe that I am only going to lose a little bit of tissue on my Achilles heel area and not a big divit as seen in worse cases of spider bites. I hope that the redness will start to dissipate soon. I have avoided going to the gym all last week, for obvious reasons, but I think I will try a light day tomorrow. Hopefully, all will be well and I can get back to normal! If anything changes, I hope it is for the better!

Later!

No comments: