Thursday, July 05, 2007

One more trophy!


The annual "Old Fashioned 4th of July" in my hometown went off with a bang! Good weather, (a bit humid), lots of activities and entertainment, and the usually car and motorcycle show at the park. Last year I entered in the show and got first place. It was on a whim, but it still felt good to win, especially against another bike that had a ton of custom work done to it! And just earlier this year, I entered my bike in the show for the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby car and bike show. And I won best of show! There were only 4 bikes maybe, but I did beat out a Harley with big ape hanger bars and lots of chrome and noise. That was a really good feeling! This year I entered the bike again. I was a bit concerned at first, not because the competition was stiff, but because there was no competition! (that would have been a rather hollow victory) I had the only bike there until about 1:45 or so. Then two other bikes entered into my category (Import Street) and gave me legitimate competition. After all was said and done it came in with a first place trophy.


Some people say that their bike is merely a tool, and I can accept that. But for me, my bike is an extension of my personality and style and so I keep it in the best shape and look as I can. I ride it maybe not as much as I would like, but my situation is much different from most bike owners. My wife and I carpool and our jobs and other responsibilities sometimes require us to cart along more than can fit on my bike. Some might say, add more carrying space or a luggage rack. But that is not what I bought a bike for. If I wanted to carry all the stuff I would need to do what is required on certain days, I might as well take my truck or car! I really enjoy riding, but I want to do it without a lot of "baggage".


Anyway, I just wanted to update the blog, show off my trophy, my bike and my motorcycle cutie!


Later!

No comments: