Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Star Trek... Lives?

Ok... I have to admit, I have not been keeping up on the new Star Trek film like most of you would normally think I would. I attribute that to a number of things. Busier days at work, a new high school student in my family, taking on heading up a youth organization at church, and generally just living la vida loca. But I think the number one reason why is that I have utterly and completely embraced, fell in love with, and can't get enough of Battlestar Galactica. It absolutely rocks and is the best thing on television. Hands down. Chuck, Boston Legal, and Nip Tuck are close, but they are not quite as good as BSG.

But enough of that for now. I saw the new Star Trek trailer, and it looks pretty good! I am still leary of a set of new actors for old familiar characters, but I am optomistic that it will work. I have been watching the Star Trek: New Voyages which is a low budget production company that is producing new "original" episodes of Star Trek, using our beloved characters but with different actors. They even have some of the original Star Trek production crew and writers working for them. Check them out. They have made 3 new episodes of about 1.5 hours each and they are fun to watch. Truly made in the spirit of the original episodes.

Ok, here is the trailer... And I hesitate to call it that, because it was recorded via a hand held from the movie screen. It is not official, but the site has a good critique of the trailer (which I agree with strongly) and veiwer expectations for a new Trek movie.

Enjoy!

STAR TREK TRAILER

No comments: