Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 35 - Truth



What is the truth anymore? Is there any truth anymore? Can we trust anyone? So many have their own truths but those truths are set for their own agenda and any other truth that goes against that agenda is not the truth.

We as a society seem to have become divided over what we believe to be the truth. We say, they say and no middle ground. Too many people, and I will state that I am guilty of this at times, do not want to hear a truth that differs from the truth that they believe. Which truth is more true? How do we decide on what we hold to be true in our lives?

We can only investigate, research, learn and understand about issues and such and then decide what we believe to be true. But you must have conviction to believe a truth and do not let anyone belittle you for what you hold to be true. Their truths can be held up to same scrutiny and criticism and could be found to be lacking. Just because they believe something to be true does not mean you are wrong. Or that they are right.



I believe in these truths.

God exists. Prove to me he does not.

People are good and truly do want to make the world a better place. Prove to me they are not.

The internet (and especially Facebook and social media) is not always right. Prove to me that it is.

The United States is the best country in the world. Prove to me it is not.

War is sometimes necessary. Prove to me it is not.

Republicans are not evil people. Prove to me that they are.

Democrats do not always have the best ideas. Prove to me that they do.

Dogs are better than cats. Prove to me they are not.





No comments: