Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 38 - See


Like many of you, I bet as a kid you wish you could see into the future and see what you life would be like, or what the world would look like 10, 20 or 30 years ahead.

But what fun would it be to know everything in advance? It would kind of be that same as sneaking a peek at Christmas or birthday gifts before they were given to you. Sure you are happy to receive them but the knowing that you already got it takes away that excitement.

But if I could look ahead into the future, it would not be to see what was in store for me. It would be to look ahead and see if my kids are safe, happy, comfortable and prospering. That way, if their future was not that way, I might be able to change the course of the future for them and ensure that their future is good.

But since that is not going to happen anytime soon, the best I can do is to make sure that they are set up for a good future here and now in the present. I can't control what course they will take into the future but I can make sure to be there to assist, advise, and yes, financially aid them in the present and what I have done for them in the past will see their way to a bright and happy future.

It's up to them to take advantage of it

No comments: