Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The season of Lent.

I am a Lutheran and by most accounts, have never really observed the tradition of giving up something for Lent. But after a discussion with my Pastor a few years ago, I saw the reasoning, logic and devotion that takes place in the practice of giving up something for Lent. The first year I did it, I gave up soda pop... not things like Brisk ice tea or things like that, but soda pop proper. Fizzy caffinated soft drinks. Made it through without too much trouble and discovered that when I could have it again, I really didn't miss it. The next year, I gave up soft drinks, and potato based meals. Again, no problem and really didn't miss it. This year, I will add one more. Candy. I have a sweet tooth that you cannot imagine! I love candy. It is my premium gas for my high octane engine! Any thing that comes in a wrapper, or in a box will be verboten for the next 40 days. This will be tough. Hopefully I will find another fuel to use keep the metabolism up! The sacrifice and challenge will be good for me. I will keep you up to date.

Later!

No comments: