Friday, September 12, 2008

How's this for an ego booster?

Recently, while substitute teaching at my local school, I was treated to a wonderful ego booster from one of the 5th graders I know. I will call him Eleven, as his volume goes that far. I have know Eleven for a number of years now and he has always seemed to take a shine to me. I was his Cub Master and he is in the same grade as my daughter. Anyway, I was in the classroom I was a substitute for and Eleven comes in and sees me there and immediately begins to act like an announcement was made that pop tarts, candy and pop will be served for lunch. Anyway, I manage to get him under control for the class. But then, out of nowhere, during a lull in the class, he blurts out, "Deane, you are just too awesome for this school!"

Daaaannnng! What a compliment and one coming from a 5th grader at that! I guess I passed some test of his at some point and became one of the cool guys in his life. I also assume I made his day by being a substitute teacher, but I know he made MY day with his comment!

So just in case you ever wonder or in doubt, I am "too awesome" for school!

Later!

No comments: