Wednesday, November 17, 2004

30 years of great gaming!!!

This is something I sent to many of my friends back in October when I first discovered the article. It is accompanied by another article that pretty much says the same thing but the last sentence is a hoot! Very well said and you can certainly tell the author is a D&D gamer!!

The National Review is a pretty conservative paper, but it comes as no surprise that even nationally newspaper columnists are "coming out of the closet" about being gamers. Gamers are a billion dollar industry and let's face it, gamer geeks are running the industry now. I personally have very fond memories of my gaming days and I think this guy hits it right on the head of the nail. It was fun and actually beneficial, regardless of what out parents told us....

http://www.nationalreview.com/miller/miller200410151029.asp


And the most recent article from the Boston Globe which also echoes my own sentiments about the game and the influences it had on me and many of my friends.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/11/15/dungeons_and_dragons_we_love_you/

I think it is time to get the books out and start relearning the game.... damned updates and all!
Later!

No comments: