Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 4 - Joy.


No one is ever unhappy when they are holding an ice cream cone.

It's the little things in life that give you joy.

To me, Joy and Happiness are two separate things. Closely related to one another and each affects the other but they are separate things in my view point.

Joy is fleeting. Happiness is enduring.

Having joy does not necessarily mean you are happy. I know many people who find joy in small things and activities, but overall, they are very unhappy people.

I think I am a happy person and I can wake up in the morning ready to face the day because I have created for myself, and surrounded myself with things, activities and people that are a joy to have, do or be around.

Things that bring me joy:

Playing with my dogs.
Teaching someone a new game and having them say it was the best game they have ever played. (Until the next game I show them!)
Playing a game, whether I win or lose.
Discovering a new wine.
Discovering a new wine.... with my wife or friends.
Making Campfire Coffee. (It's capitalized because its a THING in my life>)
Discussing the minutiae of some historical subject with my buddy Rick.
Hearing my daughter sing. (I am so jealous of her talent!)
Watching my son shoot guns. (I am jealous of his talent too!)
Teaching someone how to shoot a gun.
Hearing a church congregation sing a hymn just right that it gives you chills.
Having a clean car.
Having a clean house.
Studying a new subject.
Making something from an idea in my head.
Re-connecting with an old friend.
Fire and Wines.
My Sunday Night Sci-Fi kids... and hanging out with all of the kids that I call friends.
Eating an ice cream cone.
.... and on and on and on.

Not a single one of them requires a ton of work or a ton of money. They are the little things that bring me joy.

And they create for me a happy life.



No comments: