Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 7 - Path


I often wonder how my life would be different if I had chosen a different path in life in terms of career, family, and even my beliefs and opinions on the world.

I think we all wonder if we are on the right path in life. Did we make the right decisions and choices?

For some people it is painfully obvious that they did not.

For others, it looks like the world is their oyster and every decision they made was perfect. (But I really doubt it.)

I think back and wonder... What if I had signed that paper that would have enlisted me in the US Army instead of going to college? What if I had moved to a larger metropolitan area when I left home for college? What if I had not gone to a certain bar on campus and met a certain girl there? What if I had not decided to take a chance on a new job after being in the same one for 20 years?

I really have no idea what my life would look like now or how it would be if I had made different choices years ago... and more recently too.

I like the way things have turned out. REALLY like the way my path had led me. And for that I am Thankful.

But what I do know is that I have encountered a lot of great people, who have been with me on some great experiences and I think that is what the best part about walking this path of Life. You never know who you will meet on the path and how they will affect your life.

Sometimes they will make the path easier to walk on, and sometime make it more difficult.

It's not the path, it's the intersections that matter.

No comments: