Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lenten Photo Challenge: Day 5 - Celebrate


During this photo challenge it appears that each Sunday, the word is "Celebrate". So I think that I will take each of those to celebrate special people in my life.

Today I celebrate --- Wolf Burkhardt!!

Wolf came into our lives in 20112 when we began on the adventure of hosting a foreign exchange student in our home. We had decided to do this after having such a great time with some other exchange students who were in other families around Paxton. We began our journey of "shopping for kids" on the hosting website and settled on this goofy looking German kid that according to his bio, would be a good match for our family. And damn, did he fit in. Like a piece of the puzzle. Like he had been a part of the family that we had just never met. I won't go into details of his time here because most of you know the rest of the story because you were part of it! And that is why I am celebrating him today in this Lenten Photo Challenge!

I celebrate him because he is one of the most outgoing, friendly persons I know of.

I celebrate him because while he is an amazing and fun individual, he is a very humble and concerned person.

I celebrate him because he welcomes all new experiences and opportunities that come to him.

I celebrate him because he wants to know more about the people and world around him.

I celebrate him he can make friends where ever he goes.

I celebrate him because I was able to talk to him about a country I have a deep interest in and he could respond with first hand knowledge.

I celebrate him because unlike many of his fellow countrymen, he is not afraid to say he is proud to be a German.

I celebrate him for his wonderful sense of humor.

I celebrate him for being more American than some Americans I know.

I celebrate him because he inspired me to learn a new language.

I celebrate him because he was part of what set my family back to our normal routine after being on hold for a long time.

I celebrate him because he gave me a German family that I now belong to.

I celebrate him for being part of my family and being like a son to me.

Thank you Wolf!





No comments: